Friday, October 22, 2004

Not guilty by reason of insomnia

My sleep cycle is almost completely upside down these days. I am falling asleep between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m., and the hours I am awake I am neither clear-headed nor energetic. This is a temporary set-back in my insomnia war, due to the excessive rain lately, and should gradually right as the weather clears up.

In the meantime, I have a number of favors promised but not delivered, unreturned email, and unmade phone calls. It is like living in a nightmare where I put off physically or mentally taxing tasks (amazing what can be taxing right now) in the hopes that I'll be up to it tomorrow, only tomorrow never comes.

Jeff, Ellen, Mike, Bob, Matt, everyone else...I will get to you, I really will, as soon as I can.

I blog on autopilot to pass the time (hence my many hella-typoes, particularly in comments on BOP); please don't take blog activity as an indication that I am functional but willfully neglecting you. I'm really not, I swear.

I appreciate your patience and generous forebearance. If you can indulge me a little longer, I will come through and try to compensate with quality for where I err in tardiness.


Update: I'm (still) up at 8:00 a.m. and it looks like I'll be resetting the odometer today (our house-speak for skipping a sleep shift to correct my internal clock). I am supposed to get to a doctor's appointment at 4:00, which will be dodgy if I pass out in the late morning/early afternoon; keep your fingers crossed for me.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home