Fairfax County Democratic Committee (FCDC) is hiring
FCDC is looking to hire a a staffer to maintain the FCDC office during its office hours, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 3 pm, and train new volunteers in FCDC operations.
Requirements for the position are:
- Maintain the FCDC HQ and train new volunteers
- Must be computer literate, but need not write any software programs:
- Be able to receive emails, send email to individuals and group lists;
- Maintain email lists;
- Maintain address file on computer (for subscriptions to The Democrat);
- Maintain financial e-files;
- Extract reports from existing database;
- Enter/delete data to update various files;
- Additional responsibilities
- Be able to accept directions/instructions from the FCDC Chair and translate them into action.
- Be able to run and do minor trouble shooting of office equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.
- Maintain membership file and update various hard copy files and e-mail membership list.
- Receive and take care of incoming US mail. Write correspondence when needed.
- Be aware of FCDC activities, processes, procedures and participate in those activities.
- Be able to locate, read various manuals to find out answers to questions regarding FCDC operations.
FCDC is a campaign office open to the public. Therefore, the Operations Coordinator is expected to dress accordingly, be polite, smile, help generate a good image for the Committee, and be welcoming to all who come to volunteer.
To apply for this position, send your resume to FCDC Chair, Ginny Peters, at the address or fax number below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.