Sunday, September 25, 2005

Continuing Edumacation II

Okay, seriously now, I came across the Emergency Preparedness Training for Leaders (in British Columbia) while following some links on Canadian websites about the pending Avian Flu Pandemic. (Yes, Melanie, some of us are listening to you.)

And, my wanders brought me to the Canadian Federal Government's Emergency Preparedness & Response Training Catalogue.

I am completely jealous. I wish I was back home in BC and I could start working through these courses.

I'm one of those people who is calm in a crisis that everyone else turns to when things go haywire. It is probably safer for all of us if I know what I'm doing.

So, now that I'm down in the States, where do I start? Realistically, I'm not looking at classes in the immediate future: for one thing, I'm too sick; and for another, I don't want to bump someone who is taking training that they intend to apply immediately during the storm season. I realize that the Red Cross offers some classes. Who else does down here?
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home