Friday, September 09, 2005

French Film Festival at our house

We are possibly the last household on earth to sign up for an account with Netflix.

I didn't grow up watching a lot of movies, and now to justify the time, I feel compelled to watch foreign films (both because I generally prefer them, and also as an opportunity for language study).

When I was in college, a group of friends got in the habit of holding our own private film festivals. We'd get together every week and rent films with Bogart, or Fellini Films, or French-language films (three different "festivals" that stick out in my mind.)

So, our first batch of films up are French language films. Vive le cinema!

So far, I've queued up some old favourites I am looking forward to sharing with my husband, such as Diva and La Cage aux Folles, as well as some Quebecois films I've wanted to see for some time but haven't found down here, including Black Robe and Les Boys. (And yes, I snuck in all of SCTV, too.)

[As a side note, why do I love Breathless/A Bout De Souffle? I haven't requested it, because I can't imagine anyone else enjoying it--I do make an effort not to purosely strain the limits of marital indulgence. But I just adore it.]

I'd love to hear your recommendations on foreign-language films, especially French and Japanese (round 2 will likely be Japanese films).

A ny other foreign film afficianados out there?
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home