Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm just wondering

FEMA has denied federal aid to hurricane victims in Wisconsin. During the month of August, 27 tornadoes touched down in the state, damaging or destroying about 380 homes, and causing an estimated $47 million in damage.

Wisconsin's Governor Jim Doyle is, coincidentally, a Democrat.

I'm wondering how important that fact is. And I'm wondering if FEMA is making the political decision to transfer the financial burden for disaster recovery from the federal level to the state level in order to burden the Wisconsin state budget. And I'm wondering if, when Doyle is up for re-election in 2006, Wisconsin Republicans are going to complain about "mis-management of the hurricane" and "financial irrepsonibility" when they blame Doyle for FEMA's partisan shenanigans.

I'm just wondering.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home