Thursday, November 17, 2005

And the pecking wars begin

Last week John Edwards stated publically that his vote for the Iraq war was a mistake.

And yesterday...Democratic presidential-hopeful Joe Biden was taking pot shots at Edwards for his honesty:
"I think he did make a mistake. He voted for the war and against funding it, I think that was a mistake.

"The only regret I had voting for the war is that I never anticipated how incompetent the administration would be in using the authority we gave them to avoid war."
Shorter Biden: "I screwed up when I voted to trust Bush. John Edwards sucks. Vote for me."

I have a modest suggestion for Senator Biden: could you be so kind as to save your talons for the Republicans? Right now we have a prime opportunity to point out the Republican patterns of cronyism, incompetence, and corruption to the voting public. Do your party and your constituents a favour: postpone shredding your fellow Democrats and focus on the real bad guys for just a little while longer.

I've long maintained that Democrats don't really need Republicans. We do a good enough job of destroying each other all by ourselves.


Further Reading
Pittsburgh Post Gazette Interview with Biden
Great analysis from DavidNYC
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home