Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Great Qumana Experiment

Ever in quest of bigger and better (and cheaper) blog tools, I am trying my hand at the Great Qumana Experiment.

I should preface this by saying that I have temporarily abandoned the Great Performancing Experiment. Performancing's blog editor, although free, just doesn't ring my bell. It certainly fills in some feature gaps in Blogger, but I found their interface to be really awkward.


My next adventure is to try Qumana's free beta release of their blog editor. So far, I'm happy.


In addition to a WYSIWYG editor that includes spell check, I can insert tags, insert ads (I don't want to, but other may find that a useful feature, and enable or disable comments and trackbacks for individual posts. Their "drop pad" editing window floats (hurray!), and can resize and move around the screen.  They also pick up bonus points for an attractive, functional interface and nice design on the buttons.


Here's where the adventure comes in:  Qumana is offering a contest to beta testers. What you do is:


• download the new Qumana beta
• use Qumana for your next 20 posts (minimum entry amount, across any number of blogs, min 50 words to our discretion) between now and March 25th, 2006
• show off the “powered by Qumana” footer on each post
• write a creative post about your blogging landscape
send us [info@Qumana.com] the URL for your post and any blogs you've written on for the 20 post minimum


The prize is a vacation for 2 to Mazatlan or Whistler.


Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'll want to let you know that I'm aiming to get in 20 blog posts to be eligible for the contest.  I've been busy with "real life" lately (imagine that!), and lost my blogging groove, so I am hoping this will be a motivation to write more often.  And, I certainly want to share the contest information in case anyone is interested.


My initial reaction to Qumana is that the blog editor seems like a good tool so far for people who use Blogger--and I am likewise impressed with the company's marketing savvy.


I'll report back at the end of the experiment, in other words by March 25, and let you know what I think of the blog editor after a few weeks of playing.


Tags: , , , , , ,


Powered by Qumana


|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home