Saturday, March 18, 2006

An Invitation to Progressive Democratic Candidates in New Orleans

Dear Progressive Democratic Candidates:


You've got a logistic nightmare on your hands right now with your displaced voters. FEMA is withholding voters' contact information, so you don't know who your voters are, where they are, or how to contact them.  Your voters are a spread out all over the country, and you're trying to operate a campaign on a presidential scale, with a city council budget.


What you might not realize is that there are hundreds if not thousands of progressive bloggers, in the same communities as your displaced voters, who are committed to the integrity of the voting process, and who want to see all the voters of New Orleans cast their votes and make their voices heard in the choosing of their government and the rebuilding of their city.


I have a modest proposal for you.  I'd like to introduce you to each other.


I am a professional campaign consultant.  I'm contacting you to offer my services for free because I want to help, and because I believe strategic use of Internet resources can address some of your campaign challenges.  I'm not angling for paid work, and there are no strings here.


I would like to have a conversation with you on two points:
1. What would you like progressive bloggers to do to help you?
2.  I also have some specific suggestions for where Internet outreach might help address your logistic challenges, that I'd be happy to share with you.


Here's my specific offer, to any progressive Democratic candidates in this spring's municipal elections in Louisiana:


If you are a progressive Democrat, and you are interested, send me an email at nolanetroots AT gmail DOT com.  Please include a brief explanation of what makes you a Progressive Democrat, and a pointer to other resources (newspaper article, etc) that verifies your policy positions.  And, let me know who to contact on your team (I'm happy to talk to you, your campaign manager, or anyone on your staff), along with their contact information, and the best time(s) to reach you.


In return, for any genuinely progressive Democrats, I will send you an outline for a strategic Internet outreach campaign (that costs nothing to implement except for your time), and make an in-kind contribution to your campaign of 1 hour of telephone consulting.  You don't know me, so if you'd like to verify my online political writings, please do so; I'm also happy to provide you with references.


I realize that in the thick of a difficult campaign you don't have the time to surf online or read blogs, so I will also be looking up the contact information of all of the Democratic candidates and conveying this offer to you directly--but if by chance you see this blog post first, please contact me and let's get the ball rolling.


You live in a beautiful city that I only know through literature and didn't have the chance to visit before Katrina hit.  I wish you all the best on bringing everyone home, and this is the best way I can figure out to help.


I look forward to working with you,


Shaula Evans


Powered by Qumana


|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home