Friday, March 10, 2006

Tasting at the RSS Buffet

The time has come, the Walrus said, to read of many things.


In other words, the volume of my daily reads is escalating out of control and it is time for me, at long last, to start using an RSS reader.


I read a good review on Endo by Kula, the people who make the Ecto blog editor--but the initial release of Endo is only versioned for Mac, plus it costs money. And, in a world of excellent open source software and freeware, I just can't bring myself to pay for blogging tools.


I do realize that my attitude qualifies me as a cheapskate, as I'm now in a position to consider blogging costs as a business expense.  I have simply spent so much time in resource-strained environments (either personally, or working in areas such as the performing arts or grassroots politics) that it doesn't occur to me that I can spend money.


At any rate, I find I am now monitoring a number of development blogs (i.e., software development, not developing world development), and rather than clicking through them all, I want to aggregate the RSS feeds.


I am very curious:  what RSS readers do you use?  What do you like or dislike about them?  What do you look for in an RSS reader?


As always, I greatly appreciate any advice or input for The Experts Panel (i.e., you.)  Thank you!


Powered by Qumana


|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home